Parks.it Homepage

Parco Naturale dell'Alta Valle Antrona

Local Banner for the promotion of the territory

Bordo

On foot         Great Interest: Panorama Great Interest: Photography 

    Bordo was a permanent village until the 1950s, when the post-war economic development caused the wild depopulation of the alpine valleys. Everyone moved to Viganella or to Villadossola and the village was abandoned; the meadows were no longer kept and the beautiful stone houses went to ruin. Bordo was an ancient village, the local oratory was built in 1679 and decorated with frescoes. It was situated in the characteristic medium-mountain environment of Ossola: Vallone di Balmel enabled a skillful transhumance scattered in many summer mountain pastures. In 1980, the Buddhists of Valle Antrona have been able to transform an abandoned village into a new center of spirituality.


    Bordo
    Bordo
     
    share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-deliciousshare-twitter
    © 2019 - Ente di Gestione delle Aree Protette dell'Ossola