Parks.it Homepage

Parco Naturale dell'Alta Valle Antrona

Local Banner for the promotion of the territory

Andolla Mountain Hut

On foot         Great Interest: Panorama 

    The history of Andolla Mountain Hut starts in the years of the building of the hydroelectric basin of Alpe Cavalli. Edison, the building company absorbed around the 1960s by Enel, built a hut in Andolla summer pastures as a resort for its employees. The building was inaugurated on 19th July 1925 and in 1938 Edison gave it to SEO-CAI of Domodossola, with possibility of use by the hiking group of Villadossola. On 8th June 1945 the CAI section of Villadossola was inaugurated, on 25th April of 1948 the Municipality of Antrona gave the land where the Mountain Hut is situated, and on 4th July of the same year the SEO of Domo gave what remained of the building to the CAI section of Villadossola. The possibility to have a reference point for the climbing activities in Andolla massif led to the transformation of the old hut into a mountain hut called "Rifugio Andolla", inaugurated on 5th July 1953. In the following years, the building was continuously improved to make it comfortable. In 1970, the cableway Cheggio-Andolla was inaugurated. On 14th September 1986, the new "Rifugio Andolla" was inaugurated in front of about 1,500 persons.


    Andolla Mountain Hut
    Andolla Mountain Hut
    Party in Andolla Mountain Hut
    Party in Andolla Mountain Hut
     
    share-stampashare-mailQR Codeshare-facebookshare-deliciousshare-twitter
    © 2017 - Ente di Gestione delle Aree Protette dell'Ossola